1.15.2009

Sick... and in trouble;

So.. I woke up this morning with the worst headache of my life. Well, probably not of my life.. but, I'm guessing it's close.

It lasted ALL day, and is still going.. although the aspirin (that I FINALLY took) has dulled it down a bit.

My stomach has been a mess, too, but I'll spare you the gory details of that.


So.. I slipped up on my attempts at becoming a clean and sober member of society. No, I'm not a crack head.. but I have been vowing to myself to just stay away from any and all substances, and I broke. Only once, but.. once is one time too many.

I confessed my sin to Scott, and he has informed me that my ass is grass... quite literally.

The thought makes me feel tingly and warm, but I know that it won't be a good thing once he's really here turning my ass into.. well, grass.

Another thing him and I have discussed is 'bed time'. He doesn't really want to give me a bedtime, but he has expressed his want for me to be in bed at a -reasonable- time.

This is all just because he wants me to be able to get up and function like the wonderful house mom that I am, and not be a grouch all day and half assing everything. It's all for my own benefit. He wants me well rested for my days.

One night I stayed up until 4 in the morning. We talked about it, and that's when he shared with me his concerns and his wants. He said 1 or 2 a.m. shouldn't be TOO unreasonable.

No.. it shouldn't have been. However, some nights it was inconvenient as I would rather sit online all night or watch movies and talk about our past sex lives with my step brother. (Awkward? I don't understand why it wasn't... but it wasn't!)

So.. last night four in the morning rolled around and.. I was still awake.

I told Scott about it. This is one of the many times I have stayed up past 1 or 2 in the morning, and he was very unhappy.. to say the least.

He informed me, very sternly (I might add), that I am grounded! =(

For Scott.. grounding isn't like restriction. No, restriction is restriction. Grounding is being grounded TO doing something. I was awaiting to hear what it was, and it's not TOO bad.

I'm grounded to writing in my journal (that he bought me a few weeks ago) every day...one page, just the front, until he comes home. I have to date it and put the time that I wrote it.

Some days he may be specific, but the days he's not.. I'm just supposed to write.

I think it's a very thoughtful gesture, and maybe it will help me vent some of my frustrations and stress out. I mean, I don't really have a choice.. I have to write. And if I'm having some negative thoughts, I'm sure they will come out. Maybe they will stay on the paper and when I close the book.. they will be gone!

He's really up on his game and I'm so proud of him, and proud to call him my HOH. He's really observant and thoughtful.. and I think we are both starting to understand the true meaning of this Domestic Discipline stuff.

Here we are, a year and a half (of a lot of complaining from both ends and me topping from the bottom!) later, doing this well.

If there's one thing I would say to a new DD couple out there it's to hold on and stay strong. You WILL get past the dumb shit. There are bumps and all of that, but you guys are rediscovering each other in a WHOLE new way. It can be a little complicated, and even inconvenient at times, but if you truly want it to work.. it will. Just keep your head up, and always have faith in one another.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment