9.04.2009

The other day Scott had an appointment with his nutritionist, and I guess his nutritionist had asked a friend of his, from physical therapy, to look at Scott's file (with Scott's permission, of course.). The lady said it looked like there was a bone fragment lodged in his shoulder, and that if that's something they've missed.. it could do some serious, permanent, damage to him. She said look out for spasms, and increased lack of mobility, and some other things that Scott has already been going through.

He wasn't sure what to do. He didn't want to get anyone in trouble, including himself, so I guess he was just going to mostly keep quiet about the findings. I took the liberty of calling Patient Advocate, which I guess is a place here on post that will basically tell you your rights as a soldier in the health care system. I shared with them the situation, they looked over Scott's stuff, and told me to have him go see his ORIGINAL doctor.

I told him, and he did so, and the doctor re-looked at his x-rays and said it, in fact, DOES look like a bone fragment.. and they FINALLY gave him an MRI yesterday. We won't know the exact results or anything, but if it really IS a bone fragment.. that means surgery :(

BUT, that means no deployment, and he'll FINALLY get better! :) He'll get to be here for the birth of our little girl, and Walter's 2nd birthday.

I'm really happy and excited for the future. There are a lot of things that I could be sad, or upset about.. and sometimes I do allow myself a little time to sulk, but for the most part I'm trying to keep my head up and look forward, instead of looking down.

There has been spanking here. There was actually some last night. He's gotten pretty 'holy crap' at it, and it makes me happy, and nervous, haha. But as of now there is nothing major in that department to really report on.

Walter says all kinds of new words, and does all kinds of new things. He's getting so big, and smart, and everyday is a new adventure. I love motherhood, and all of the trials and tribulations that come along with it.

Life is pretty good. It's not perfect, but it's not horrible either.

I hope everyone else is having a wonderful ending of their summer, and I hope labor day weekend is safe for everyone also.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment